Today, the 28th of January, is the day we celebrate the Data Protection/Privacy Day around the world.
This day commemorates the January 28, 1981 signing of Convention 108, the first legally binding international treaty dealing with privacy and data protection.
The aim for the day is to improve privacy and security awareness, and because of that we offer six tips that you can use in your every day life to increase your privacy and security.
1. Use two-factor authentication (2FA) whenever possible.
2. Install updates as soon as possible.
3. If possible, encrypt your devices.
4. Never use the same password twice.
5. Make sure all your devices have a password and timeout (screensaver) configured
6. Be aware of risks when using public wireless networks (in hotels and such), as these may leak information and credentials.