This blog post is a summary of this week’s Information Security News put together by our Security Incident Response Team (SIRT)
ESET researchers are warning about targeted phishing attacks agains high-profile aerospace and military companies in Europe. The attacker will approach individual personnel about possible job vacancies, some file-sharing then commences with the pretense of informing about this vacancy, this is in reality malware giving the attacker foothold on the victims machine.
Be vigilant about files you get from strangers, and people who makes contact on social media and LinkedIn.
Top 5 Security News
- CIA is getting massive critisism for lax security, still
- Australian Prime minister informs about nation-state cyber attack, others say copy-paste compromise
- Business Email Compromise on the decline, threat actors moving to new targets
- Rumored US DDOS actually T-Mobile misconfiguration
- South Africas Post Office loose master key for banking, $3.2 million stolen, all cards to be reissued