This blog post is a summary of this weeks Information Security News put together by our Security Incident Response Team (SIRT).
5 tips for better cloud security
As cloud adoption soars to new heights, security standards have failed to keep pace. Organizations need to start taking responsibility for their own cloud security and these five practical tips will help.
Security has been forgotten in the excitement. Many companies have made the dangerous assumption that cloud service providers are responsible, a notion quickly dispelled in the event of a costly data breach. There are lots of different cloud security threats to worry about, so it’s vital to craft a strong, comprehensive cloud security strategy.
- Establish full visibility
- Train your employees
- Include security as early as possible
- Continuously monitor
- Test regularly
Top 5 Security links
- Files With 42 Million Emails and Passwords Found On Free Hosting Service
- Microsoft Office is more dangerous than you think: Docs deliver 45% of all malware
- New Cold Boot Attack Unlocks Disk Encryption On Nearly All Modern PCs
- Mongo Lock Attack Ransoming Deleted MongoDB Databases
- Threat detection: it’s about ‘time’